“Three years” doesn’t sound like a long time, but it seems like we’ve been friends forever. While many people who tweet me ask about what books to read, or what I think they should read next, the truth is, I still learn so much more for you about what stories to pay attention to and what kinds of books make an impact on you when we converse. Until now, I can’t believe how blessed I am to have been part of the Fully Booked family, and to have met everyone online along the way.
For my birthday this year, I hope to turn our conversations the other way around. This time, instead of your choosing books you want, I’m setting you up on blind dates with books! I’ve gotten this suggestion so many times (thank you to everyone who sent this in!!), to set up “blind date with a book” promo, based on this link: http://www.lifehacker.com.au/2013/05/go-on-a-blind-date-with-a-book/ and this link: http://now.msn.com/bookstore-lets-you-go-on-a-blind-date-with-a-book. I think this year’s celebration is the perfect time to try it out!
Mechanics (join via TWITTER):
1. What book would you wrap in disguise and suggest to others to read? And what words would you use to describe it?
2. What book out of the ones above would you like to win? Take note of the descriptions below and indicate the book number in your tweet.
3. Tweet us your answers! The title and short description with the tag #blinddatebooks. For example: Never Let Me Go (Ishiguro) – Hearbreak, Sci-Fi, Search for Belonging. Book 4! #blinddatebooks.
4. Deadline is on Thursday, July 25, 2013 at 6pm. Prizes will be raffled off!
1. Pressure to marry, search for identity, love.
2. Redemption, destiny, not-so light beach read.
3. For the artist, when all else fails.
4. Humor, sort-of memoir, for the 20-something single girl.
5. Read on Halloween.
6. Search for belonging, women empowerment, for the female writer.
7. Secret society, 1920’s New York, romance, magic.
8. Gothic, scientific experiments gone wrong, jungle island.
9. Fairy tale school, heroes and villains, best friends.
10. Immigrants, New York, fantasy, historical fiction.
11. Multi-generational, epic, American.
12. East meets West, romance, meddling family.
13. Parody, yummy, chicken.
14. Combining business and creative thinking.
15. Hacking, crime, graphic novel.
16. Art = Life, tattoos.
I’m also celebrating with two small birthday parties this weekend! Please come by for some bookish fun! Planning some games for this already. 🙂
Thank you to everyone who has filled my three years with Fully Booked with friendship and fun! <3