It’s going to be an awesome month of May for comic fans! The Walking Dead artist Charlie Adlard visits Manila this May 10-11, 2014.
May 10, 2014
Venue: Fully Booked BONIFACIO HIGH STREET
2:00 p.m. Artist Q&A (Registration is required and slots are full.)
4:00 p.m. Book Signing
*Registration is required and done separately for both activities. See details for book signing below.
May 11, 2014
Venue: Fully Booked ALABANG
2:00 p.m. Book Signing
ABOUT THE ARTIST
Born in Shrewsbury, United Kingdom in 1966, Charlie Adlard did not always fancy himself a comic book artist. In fact, he studied filmmaking in college, and when he finished, preferred banging on a drum kit over getting ink on paper. He decided to go back to his first love: drawing, after careers in the Brit film industry and rock and roll scene didn’t pan out. Thank God for that because the skillfully rendered imagery in the successful comic book series (now on TV), The Walking Dead (TWD), is all his doing—and ultimately, our undoing.
Adlard’s realistic art in TWD is at the very least, deliciously unnerving. To depict the foul and freakish creatures and the memorable characters that elude them in stark black and white, yet still hold the millions (and growing) of TWD fans in thrall is no mean feat and speaks of commendable skill with the pencil.
Aside from bringing the world of ravenous undead to life on paper, Adlard is best known for his work on Judge Dredd: The Megazine, Savage, 2000 A.D., Mars Attacks!, and X-Files. He’s also known for creator-owned comics like White Death, Codeflesh, Rock Bottom, and Curse of the Wendigo.
Adlard minions can look forward to an upcoming creator-owned work with TWD writer, Robert Kirkman, a sci-fi graphic novel entitled, The Passenger.
BOOK SIGNING GUIDELINES
1. If you would like your books signed by Charlie Adlard, you will need to register before each book signing during the allotted schedules: a. Bonifacio High Street signing, May 10, 2014, 10:00 a.m. b. Alabang Town Center signing, May 11, 2014, 10:00 a.m. 2. You may have as many graphic novels as you wish signed by the artist, provided that:
:: a. They are works of Charlie Adlard.
:: b. For every two (2) graphic novels, one (1) should have been purchased from Fully Booked.
:: c. As proof of purchase, an original receipt for the items must be presented upon registration, or must bear the Fully Booked price tag.
3. After item inspection, you will be given a numbered stub. This stub needs to be presented at the book signing line. If you lose the stub, you will need to register again for a new number.
4. One (1) stub per customer during pre-registration.
During the Book Signing:
1. You may fall in line immediately or wait for your stub number to be called.
2. We will announce the commencement of the book signing ten (10) minutes beforehand to give you time to line up.
3. If you are not present when your number is called, you forfeit your place in the line and must line up for a new number.
4. You will be asked to print your name legibly on a sheet of paper to facilitate an efficient book signing process.
Get your ghoul on and win a chance to be one of the first in line at the book signings, OR a signed copy of The Walking Dead Vol. 1: Days Gone Bye, OR the best yet: lunch with Charlie Adlard himself!
1. Share a photo of yourself dressed as a zombie! Tweet or post it on Instagram with the tag #LookingforCharlieAdlard.
2. E-mail the link to your Twitter or Instagram post to firstname.lastname@example.org with the following information:
:: a. Full Name
:: b. Age
:: c. Contact Number
:: d. Which book signing are you planning to attend? (Bonifacio High Street on May 10, 2014 or Alabang on May 11, 2014)
3. Interested parties who would like to enter as a group may do so. Please take note of the following requirements:
:: a. A maximum of five (5) participants entering together in one photo will be considered. All the participants must take part as actors in the photo.
:: b. The photo must be tweeted or posted on Instagram at least once.
:: c. When emailing the entry to the email address provided, please include the names and information of ALL photo participants. One representative of the group may email for the whole group.
4. Deadline for entries to be posted and e-mailed is April 30, 2014.
5. Twenty (20) finalists will be shortlisted for Charlied Adlard to choose from. Those twenty (20) finalists will be first in line in the respective book signings they will attend.
6. Three (3) winners will be chosen to share a meal with the artist. Five (5) of the runners-up will be given a signed copy of The Walking Dead Volume 1: Days Gone Bye.
facebook.com/fullybooked | @_fullybooked