When people talk about Haruki Murakami’s bestselling novel “Norwegian Wood”, they talk of being thrust into a beautiful, dream-like world of adolescent love, longing, loss and loneliness — a complex mix of emotions that may have inspired James Cousins’ There We Have Been and Without Stars.
At the helm of this masterpiece is James Cousins, a graduate of London Contemporary Dance School who quickly established his mark as a rising star and became the first winner of the Matthew Bourne’s New Adventures Award.
From page to dance stage, the Murakami-inspired performance offers a glimpse into the secluded world of fragile intimacy. The dancer, Chi Kawasaki, floats on, held up by her partner Georges Hann, in a duet of strength and beauty, evoking the very emotions inspired by the novel. She literally never touches the ground!
Are you a Murakami fan? Share your favorite Murakami book and win a pair of tickets to catch the last, Sunday performance of There We Have Been and Without Stars at the CCP Little Theatre!
- Tell us your favorite book by Haruki Murakami and why it’s your favorite. Post it in the Comments section below.
- Please keep your explanations to 100 words or less.
- Deadline for entries is on Saturday, 9AM. We will be emailing winners by 12PM, Saturday, October 11 so make sure you open your inbox or go back to this post after that time to check!
- Winners will be determined by members of the Fully Booked team. These members will vote on the memorable insights you’ve written (which may induce laughter, tears, staring, nodding, and invisible high fives)
- Five (5) winners will be awarded two (2) tickets each to the Sunday show on October 12 at the CCP Little Theatre. Show starts at 7:30PM!
- Winners can claim their tickets at the CCP Little Theatre just before show time, so come early! Please present a Valid ID for claiming the tickets.
For schedule of performances and other details, you can visit https://www.facebook.com/events/668104556618114/ Check out the British Council and their behind-the-scenes updates at https://www.facebook.com/BritishCouncilPhilippines
Winners have been messaged on Facebook! Please look in your “Other messages” inbox folder to see them. Thanks to everyone who joined in and shared such touching and gripping insights!